Summer is officially here and 4th of July is 2 days away…. so, I think it’s time to introduce you all to my favorite summer recipe. This has been a favorite of mine since I was young and is a party favorite due to the adorable presentation. Enjoy!
Ally’s Summer Cornboat Recipe:
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 6 ears of corn
- 5 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 teaspoon of Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 10 ounces of white sharp cheddar cheese grated coarse
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
1. Un-husk your corn carefully and snap to pull out leaving a boat
2. Tear a thin strip from the husk and tie the ends of the husk to keep the boat shape
3. In a large skillet sauté corn and 4 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander, Tabasco, mayo, lime juice and cheese until melted.
4. Fill cornboats and top with more breadcrumbs